- Coach John brings over 20 years of experience as a competitive endurance athlete. Personal achievements include Ironman distance triathlons, marathons, pacing athletes at the Western States 100, and extensive racing in the disciplines of cyclocross, track, and road cycling.
As a dedicated and seasoned Cycling Coach, John uses a proven combination of the latest technology in data collection, consistent and effective communication, goal setting, nutritional education, and customized training plans to assist his athletes in achieving maximum results, his athletes have won, International, National and countless regional titles. At all endurance events including road, track, cyclocross and mountain biking.
John is a former Director of the Hellyer Velodrome Juniors program, a past coach at USA Cycling Junior Talent ID camps, a current co- director of the Earlybird Training Series, and the performance director for the Oakland Composite High School MTB team. Based in Marin County, John enjoys long trail rides and runs, as well as rock climbing and bike park sessions with his family.
- USA Cycling Level One Coach (with Distinction)
- Precision Nutrition Level One Coach
- Power and Skills certified
- Safesport Certified
- USA Cycling Certified Skills Instructor
- NICA Level II Coach